Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #14: Technorati and tags

I like the way Technorati has compiled a huge list of popular blogs that enables me to search tags within blogs to fine tune my search to more specific. This will be an excellent starting point to begin introducing students to blogging for a research project. The Ticker Widget I found to be of interest. This site displays a real-time feed of what users are searching for on Technorati and it's not all about Angelina and Brad, or their twins! If one has ( and I am sure you have) purchased books from Amazon.com, you are quite familiar with tags and connections made between users "people who have purchased this book also purchased...", but I like the unique feature "Search History" that tracks all of the searches you perform and enable you to hyperlink search terms with a simple click. I have also used their A9.com search page. I love their diary feature allowing you to create notes as you browse,like annotating:) I guess this qualifies me as an entry level tagger.
Although there are many similarities between Technorati and iGoogle/Google Reader,I prefer the interface and personalized features Google offers for iGoogle with Google Reader as a sidebar,and I am quite use to its large search box location.A fun feature I look forward to is the WikiHows. It's the battle of searches: Google vs.Yahoo
I claimed my blog with much trepidation knowing that I now have stepped out of the comfort zone of the Summer Players. I hope I can fly!

No comments: