Friday, July 18, 2008

Thing #8 RSS

What I like about RSS is that it is everything the name implies,"Really Simple Syndication". Before learning about this valuable tool, I spent far too many needless hours surfing the web for varying sites, then bookmarking them like crazy! With Google Reader, I can now view new information instantly from all the websites I access on a daily basis. I also loved learning about labeling. Being able to swap genre feeds and using the shortcuts will save me even more time.

I will use this tool in my personal life, as well as at school for students to access feeds to various YA book reviews, or they could provide their own review of a recently read S.S.R. book. This will also be a great way for them to expand their knowledge of news around the world,far beyond their MySpace news:)

No comments: